Senior Social Media Manager – London
Position Reference No : 20190711A
Position : Senior Social Media Manager
Jurisdiction : EMEA
Location : London
Berry Commodities Group currently has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Social Media Manager to join our growing team. This is a fantastic opportunity for a candidate with experience in a senior role in communications and marketing, possibly including prior commercial experience of covering financial and commodity markets, to join our team and be part of our ongoing successful growth story.
The successful candidate will be a smart, passionate and media-savvy Senior Social Media Manager. Working from our London office, you will have the autonomy in growing visibility for our products and services in the EMEA region. You will also play a central role in our global voice and you will work closely with the other Communications teams in Dubai, Singapore & North America.
All team members are expected to build on their professional reputation within the industry and you will be responsible for ensuring that our team members receive maximum exposure and become a highly visible and respected professionals in multiple forums including social media. Our investors, traders and partners value our global views and insights, and our professionals are helping to shape forward-looking views and not just providing historical analysis.
We offer excellent remuneration, a high-performance culture, with challenging and exciting work. Working within a fast-paced and ever moving market, this position will require flexibility and the drive to go beyond core hours when needed, ensuring the delivery of a high quality and timely service.
Social Media Community Management:
- Assist with developing and streamlining company social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, and other social media platforms), ensuring uniform content and tone of voice for landing pages, graphics, and other elements within the communities;
- Increase the number of followers by following and engaging with potential clients and candidates;
- Monitoring and replying to candidates and clients;
- Posting on a daily basis (both job- and industry-related), and using tools to plan forward-looking Tweets over weekends and holidays;
- Liaising with staff internally to ensure that their company profiles are accurate and up-to-date.
Coordinating and Distributing Content:
- Scheduling and coordinating a monthly brainstorming meeting to establish content ideas for the month ahead, and to plan for a monthly social media, editorial, marketing and blogging calendar;
- Maintain a monthly social media and blogging calendar and ensure that everyone is meeting their deadlines.;
- Liaising with senior consultants and directors to push new blog posts through the calendar;
- Help coordinate a guest blogger programme – help to amplify this content through other social media channels;
- Drive awareness of our new blog posts by posting the articles into forums and groups;
- Using tools to identify and monitor key industry bloggers, trade journalists, and twitter influencers. Flagging and aggregating interesting content to re-tweet and post. Use tools to identify influencers;
- Help to create video content and post on YouTube;
- Upload and manage company blog posts in WordPress;
- Repurpose content from other sources for our own social media channels (and understand how to change the tone of the content for each channel);
Understanding and monitoring social media analytics:
- Track key social media analytics on a monthly basis, including Google Analytics, Bitly statistics, LinkedIn company stats, etc.
- Track and report website statistics using Google Analytics. Look at how well specific content performs and look at the flow of traffic through to our Web site. Look at how well blog posts perform based on their ‘share-rating’ and the total number of viewers and time spent on page. Look at the best performing web site pages and try to generate new content that does the same or better. If consultants are producing original content and blogs, report back to them weekly with the performance of those posts.
- Use tools to measure our influence and monitor what kind of content gets best results to help with future content.
- Proven written communication skills, and a passion for writing both short and long copy;
- Excellent verbal communications skills;
- Experience in a senior role in marketing, communications, social media or reputation management;
- Familiarity with key social media tools (e.g. Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, etc.) and with Microsoft Office/Google docs products (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel);
- An ability to consistently demonstrate our values of insight, hard work, and effectiveness in your personal approach to work;
- Excellent attention to detail and a high motivation to learn;
- A proactive, service-focused attitude towards clients and candidates and the teams you support internally;
- An ability to remain calm under pressure and a robust/resilient attitude towards challenges;
- An ability to prioritize work and complete tasks with quick turnaround times and minimal fuss,
- The ability to work collaboratively with a team; and
- Knowledge of financial and commodities markets well regarded.
Culture & Benefits
At Berry, you will be part of an integrated global leader in commodities asset management and trading and be a member of an active, supportive, social and friendly team. Our compensation packages include a generous base salary, an annual bonus consisting of a cash component as well as units in our Funds, private health insurance, generous pension contributions and considerable holiday time. As part of an integrated global group, there may be the opportunity to move roles and/or locations.